Between work, family responsibilities, and caring for your home, you have precious little time to add another errand to the list. However, you can’t very well let your cat run out of specialty food or your dog go without needed medication. When you shop with MyVetStoreOnline through Country Club Pet Hospital, you don’t have to take time out of your already busy schedule to get your pet the things he or she needs. You can set up an account in less than a minute and then order from one or several of the following product categories:
- Make sure that your dog, cat, or other type of pet gets the required vaccines for her species on time. Vaccinations prevent your pet from developing a serious or life-threatening illnesses. They also protect more vulnerable animals from picking up what would otherwise be a highly contagious virus. Optional vaccines are also available depending on your pet’s lifestyle, age, and species.
- Schedule an appointment for adult dogs and cats once a year and senior pets twice a year. Adults are between one and seven years old. Although your pet isn’t necessarily a senior by age seven, this is the average age that we start seeing age-related health and behavioral changes.
- Puppies and kittens need to come in several times during the first year for their vaccines and a health check. The preventive care exam allows us to detect and monitor your pet’s health issues as soon as possible. It also gives you the opportunity to discuss any concerns you have.
- Don’t overlook the importance of good oral hygiene. Not only does it prevent gum disease and other problems leading to tooth loss, it reduces the risks of diabetes and heart, kidney, and joint dysfunction. If you’re consistent with your routine and expectations, your pet should eventually accept having his teeth brushed.
- When you consider that millions of pets are euthanized annually because they can’t find a home, spaying or neutering your pet is just the right thing to do. Altering your dog or cat also stops aggressive mating behavior and reduces the risk of mammary gland or testicular cancer.
- Prepare an emergency kit for your pet in case of severe weather, fire, or another type of emergency. It’s better to gather her supplies and food in advance than panic in a sudden emergency and leave everything behind. The kit should contain several days’ worth of food and water, medications, toys, and bedding.
- Managing your pet’s weight is essential to her long-term health and longevity. That means feeding him nutritious food, limiting treats, and making sure that he gets enough exercise. Avoid pet foods with artificial fillers since these don’t provide any nutritional value.
- Protecting your pet from parasites has a huge effect on his quality of life. This includes both internal and external parasites such as fleas, ticks, and heartworm. Dr. Greetan or Dr. Kornowski would be happy to recommend a specific product to control each type of parasite.
Most recent articles
Country Club Pet Hospital
2250 Matlock Rd
Mansfield, TX 76063
Phone: (817) 477-4143
Fax: (817) 394-5087
Mon-Fri: 6:30am - 6:00pm
Sat: 7:00am - 12:00pm
Closed: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day.
Closed Early at 12pm: Christmas Eve, New Years Eve
Still selling eggs for $4/dozen